Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators
2nd Annual Summer Solstice Scrawl Crawl
SCBWI Members in & around Europe* are invited on Thursday, June 21st, 2012 to record their words and drawings between dawn & dusk on the longest day of the year.
No matter where you are, no matter how much time you have, no matter if you are solo or in a group — we invite you to participate and share the day with other motivated members.
What is a Scrawl Crawl?
An event where individuals create something speedily drawn or written [scrawl] that is inspired by their creativity and observational powers as they go from place to place [crawl].
This event is designed to get you and your fellow children's book writers & illustrators out of the house/studio/office for a day and spend time being creative together.
- Create: make a focused effort to write, type, sketch, or paint about anything that captures your imagination
- Commit: challenge yourself to be creative for a set period of time
- Explore: use the theme, "Dawn to Dusk" to stimulate your imagination, visit places that might be new or unusual for you
- Connect: use the Participants List to find participating SCBWI members in your area or connect virtually with someone on the list. Some regions will have a pre-set rendezvous, or you can meetup informally with other members, it is always possible to decide on a list of similar vantage points (ie. park bench, hill top, museum entrance) and do a virtual crawl with members in other countries
- Share: post your work and comments on this blog throughout the day or when you’re done. It’s a chance to share your work, give feedback, and connect with other participants
We look forward to spending the day with you!
Tioka Tokedira, Regional Advisor SCBWI-France
Kirsten Carlson, Regional Advisor SCBWI-Germany + Austria
* SCBWI members from anywhere in the world are welcome to participate as Roving-Scrawl Crawlers