 |
| Het Lieverdje |
It took me a while to wake up, early this morning. A dim grayish light filtered through the shutters and during the night a deep silence had settled in my room. I tore myself away from the remnants of my dream, in which I was typing the world away, finishing my manuscript in record time, spurred on by cheering writer friends. I took out my earplugs - realizing where the deep silence stemmed from - and let the sounds of Amsterdam further wake me. A distant church bell, blackbirds singing, a tram screeching through the sharp bends of Spui, greeting Het Lieverdje statue with a squeal. I could almost hear my good friend Daan opening the doors of the nearby bookshop.
Time to get up, time to get to work and make the most of this day that is the longest the day of the year: the SCBWI Summer Solstice Scrawl Crawl in Amsterdam has taken off.
Today's goal? 3,000 words. Ambitious? Maybe, but I have many more hours ahead and I know my friends are with me. I'll keep you posted!
-Mina
making my way thru the posts...I'm crossing my fingers that you hit your mark...and that the wedding was lovely and that you are writing right now!
ReplyDelete