Thursday, June 21, 2012

And it was so wonderful and sunny yesterday!  Still the rain's stopped and after a few more tweaks on the computer,  I'll bike off to join Anne-Marie at Clerkenwell Green - where Dickens's Artful Dodger once picked a pocket or two. 
I'll be happy if I can manage a sketch or two before returning to my deadline - see if I can post something tonight.
It's Dickens's 200th birthday this year and I'll be thinking of him. 
His bank was round the corner.  And Fagin lived down the road.
Here's  a photo of our meeting place.
If it rains, there's always the telephone box to shelter in,  a few cafés nearby too, including a hairdresser-cafe, if you want a quick trim.  But I'm more interested in the pub, The Crown Tavern, where Lenin and Stalin were said to have meet in 1905. Food for thought.  http://www.thecrowntavernec1.co.uk/gallery/
Must sharpen my new Tombow pencils...

2 comments:

  1. I love the behind-the-scenes knowledge that verrrry interesting and intriguing things happened. Charles is 200...whow. How ere the Tombows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clerkenwell Church looks interesting, not very British, Dutch perhaps.

    ReplyDelete