Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On Location in Paris





I wasn't able to post anything during the Scrawl Crawl, but I'll post now. For me, the Scrawl Crawl was a return to reportage drawing, something I have become quite rusty at while working my 9 to 5, and writing. Lynsey and I wandered from Cafe Lola to Notre Dame, where we drew in the mist. Then after meeting Tioka and others at the Tea Corner, we parked in a sidewalk cafe with a hot chocolate (?!) and worked on our people. We finished the day wandering through the Fete de la Musique and having a lovely meal in the 6th with SCBWI writers Angela and Aimee.

3 comments:

  1. these have a really free sense of line, lovely. I especially like the two figures, excellent character observation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sketch of the couple (mother and daughter, I'd say) and the third figure appearing behind (sister?). Will she pull up the chair and join them? There's a whole story going on here that you've given us alongside of your glimpse into your day, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your drawings, the flowing rapid lines and your writing as well!

    ReplyDelete