Tuesday, June 21, 2011

IT'S OFF WITH HER HEAD...

NO!

I meant to say, "It's off to bed..."

Except that--

FLASH! FLASH! CRACK! BOOM!
It's lightening and thundering outside my room.
The dogs are panting and trembling with fright,
I doubt there'll be rest for the weary tonight.
Meanwhile:
The rain's dousing fires and thinning down beers
To the OOM PA Band's tunes from "Tears for Fears."
The dancers' feet splish-splash each passerby,
"What's a bit of rain?" They still ho-mum and sigh!
It's time for the wee ones, die kleinen, les petites,
To go home to bed, and finally, to sleep.
It's been a long day, the longest one ever,
and
The Summer Solstice Scrawl Crawl?
What a successful, amazing endeavor!

I can't wait to see the scrawls from today's crawls posted tomorrow--All the Best to Everyone! Donna (in Munich)

3 comments:

  1. Love your poem! Very pictoral - I can just see it - happy solstice!
    Lynne in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, so upbeat. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee! i'm thinking this is non-fiction poetry! I can see it all in my minds-eye too.

    ReplyDelete