Hello from Norwich! John has already given a wonderful description of our day, so I won't add much other than to say what an inspiring and productive time we had. And here are my doodles from the day.
I loved your perfectly captured stained glass window. I'd never have thought to use a soft medium like pastels for that subject, but doesn't it work well?
Thank you! It was a bit of an accident actually. I saw the window and wanted to capture the colour, but only had pastels to work with so that's what I had to use! Working quickly forces you to just go-for-it without thinking too hard about how you're going to achieve your goal, I think.
I loved your perfectly captured stained glass window. I'd never have thought to use a soft medium like pastels for that subject, but doesn't it work well?
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was a bit of an accident actually. I saw the window and wanted to capture the colour, but only had pastels to work with so that's what I had to use! Working quickly forces you to just go-for-it without thinking too hard about how you're going to achieve your goal, I think.
ReplyDeletelove the bridge and refelction! great work!
ReplyDelete